David Zuckerman is the founder of Full Moon Farm, a NOFA-certified, organic farm in Hinesburg Vermont. It is a CSA with a stand at the Burlington Farmer’s Market, co-owned with Rachel Nevitt, his spouse.
David is entering his fourth year (elected in 2012) in the Vermont Senate as a Progressive/Democrat. He is the Vice-Chair of the Senate Committee on Agriculture.
David served for fourteen years (1997-2010) in the Vermont House of Representatives representing the City of Burlington in Chittenden 3-4. He served on the Natural Resources and Energy Committee (6 years), Agriculture Committee (6 years, 4 as Chair) and Ways and Means Committee (2 years). David’s leadership spans a number of issues including renewable energy, affordable housing, livable wages, cannabis reform, GMO legislation, universal healthcare, progressive taxation, marriage equality, and end of life choices.
David first ran for the Vermont House in 1994 while enrolled at the University of Vermont. He lost by 59 votes, but came back two years later to become the fourth Progressive Party member ever to serve in Montpelier.
David has been recognized by the following Vermont organizations for his leadership in Montpelier:
- The Vermont Children’s’ Forum (2002)
- Women Helping Battered Women (2007)
- The Vermont Natural Resources Council (2008)
- Renewable Energy Vermont (2013)
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility (2014 Legislator of the Year)
David has extensive leadership and collaborative experience both locally and regionally. His service includes:
- The Burlington Electric Commission (1995-1998)
- The American Farm Bureau’s Young Farmer and Rancher Committee (2002-2004)
- Inaugural member of Young Elected Officials
- Membership on the Chittenden County Farm Bureau
- Membership in the Northeast Organic Farming Association-VT
- Membership in Rural Vermont
- Served on the Burlington Ward 1 Neighborhood Planning Assembly (NPA)
David is a UVM graduate (Class of 1995), with a degree in Environmental Studies. He was awarded the Keith Miser Award at graduation for contributions to campus leadership.